UKINETS is seeking three new members for the Research Sub-committee. If you are a pathologist or a trainee in NETs, we welcome your application.
The responsibilities of the Research Sub-Committee are to:
- Advise the UKI NETS Executive Committee on issues and policies regarding NETS research
- Maintain an overview of current and future NETS clinical studies and trials and help maximise recruitment
- Encourage and support the integration of translational research alongside clinical studies and trials
- Endorse UKI NETS- and NET Patient Foundation-funded research
- Co-ordinate the UKI NETS Research Grants programme, including liaison with the NET Patient Foundation
- Develop the programme for the Translational/Basic Science session at the Annual Meeting
- Raise the profile of NET research, including engaging with funding bodies
- Disseminate information about research funding, UKI NETS-funded research outcomes and availability of trials to the UKI NETS membership
- Link to the National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI)_NET Sub-Group with respect to the ongoing portfolio of clinical studies, and strengthen links where possible.
Three to four meetings of the Research Committee will take place each year, one of which will normally be a face-to-face meeting arranged to coincide with the NCRI Clinical Trials meeting in September. All other meetings will take place via teleconference unless arranged to coincide with the UKI NETS Annual Meeting. Members of the Committee may be required to undertake work in between meetings either as individuals or as part of sub-groups. If you are interested in joining the committee, please send your CV and a covering letter to the Research Subcommittee Chair, Chrissie Thirlwell, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17th June.